The main emphasis of this programme is on safe storage and material handling of petroleum products in a manner that protects employees, the public, and the environment. It provides the oil, gas and petrochemical industry with the assurance that storage tank inspectors trained and certified under this internationally recognised programme have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field.
Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous programme to get them well versed with the various code books and standards, including API Standards that cover inspection, repair, alteration and reconstruction of the aboveground storage tank.
- Overview: API 650, Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage
- Overview: API 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction
- Overview :
- a. API 651 – Cathodic Protection of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks
- b. API 652 – Lining of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks
- c. API 571 - Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry
- d. API575 - Inspection of Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- e. API577 - Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- Overview (as related to API 653 )
- a. ASME Section V
- b. ASME Section IX
- Report Writing
- Case Studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Applicable to all personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of storage tanks and related facilities.
Full Time and Part-Time Programme @ 40hours
6:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday to Friday (Part-Time)
9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (Full-Time)
Monday - Friday
** Participants will need to register online for the examination and make payment directly to API (2 months in advance)
2016 Exam date: 18 Mar - 01 Apr 2016 // 15 - 29 Jul 2016 // 11 - 25 Nov 2016